If you haven’t registered, you could miss out. So act fast. Details are below.
1. BASBITS next general meeting is Wednesday, February 15th – Have you registered?
2. BASBITS’ SMB MVP Community Roadshow is Saturday, February 18th – Have you registered?
· WARNING – If you are coming from the East Bay … the San Francisco Bay Bridge will be closed on the President’s Day Weekend. As the SMB Roadshow is conveniently located near the Powell Street Bart Station, you may want to take BART into the city. And BART has free parking at the West Oakland Station on Saturdays!
3. The 70-640 study group now meeting at Starbucks on Sundays in SF – contact Jeremy for more info: Jeremy
|BASBITS’ Next Meeting is Feb 15th! – Register NOW!|
|February 15th, 2012|
|February 15th’s BASBITS Meeting Agenda:
· Onboarding New Clients
· Tim’s Tool Tips
· Coming Soon – SMB MVP Community Roadshow!
Register NOW for February’s BASBITS Meeting!
1. Vendor Presentation: SonicWALL
A. An Exceptional SonicWALL CSSA Training Opportunity
o Starting with a special prerequisite WebEx training on Feb 23rd.
o Followed by a full 1 day accelerated CSSA training at SonicWALL headquarteres in San Jose on Saturday, March 17th.
B. A Special Marketing "Event" in April. Details to be disclosed at the meeting.
C. An Update on the special BASBITS discount purchasing program and benefits from Securematics.
2. Best Ways to Onboard New Clients
Getting a new client is about as important as it gets! But do you do everything possible to ensure that the new relationship gets off as well as it can? How should you bring on a new client? What are the items that you should cover? How long should onboarding take? What are the potential pay offs? BASBITS’ President, Alan Helbush, will moderate a group discussion around onboarding new clients in your business.
3. Tim’s Tool Tips
Back by popular demand – Tim’s Tool Tips! Tim will present some of his favorite new tools. Bring a tip about your favorite new tool and share with the group.
BASBITS’ February 15th, Meeting
When: Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 from 6:00p to 8:30p
Where: Comcast’s Menlo Park Office
Cost: $30 if not a BASBITS member (remember, fees are for the content, not the food provided)
· Members attend for free, but MUST register for the event.
· Everyone MUST register at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting to ensure you have something to eat.
Register now at www.basbits.org
|Upcoming Special Event!
The SMB MVP Community Roadshow hosted by BASBITS!
The international SMB MVP Community Roadshow is coming to San Francisco on Saturday, February 18th, 2012 for a special all-day event – and you are invited!
This is your last chance to hear first-hand from your peers in the field how they are implementing the New SMB Stack from Microsoft and see it actually demo’d on current shipping HP Hardware. This is not a canned sales pitch, this is a live demo by some of the SMB MVP’s on real world scenarios they are deploying today.
Topics to be covered include:
· Windows MultiPoint Server
· HP SMB Server Hardware
· SBS 2011 Standard/Premium/Essentials
· Swing Migration
· Best Practices
There will be plenty of time for questions and discussion on real-world application of technology important to the SMB space.
Breakfast and lunch are included – and this is a FREE event, but you must register to attend. Attendance is strictly limited to 90 attendees.
Register Soon! We are almost at capacity!
BASBITS member & Third Tier guru, Jeremy Anderson, is starting up a Microsoft Study Group on Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
Are you interested in updating or earning your Microsoft Certifications? Do you want to know more on the inner workings of Server 2008 and Active Directory? Microsoft’s 70-640 Exam covers the following topics.
· Configuring Domain Name System (DNS) for Active Directory (17%)
· Configuring the Active Directory infrastructure (17 percent)
· Configuring Active Directory Roles and Services (14 percent)
· Creating and maintaining Active Directory objects (18 percent)
· Maintaining the Active Directory environment (18 percent)
· Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services (15 percent)
Utilizing the MCTS 70-640 Training kit we will go through the chapters and cover the source material. All participants will choose a chapter or two to teach their peers the content, forming a collaborative learning environment.
Date, Time & Location Chosen:
Sundays at Noon, Starbucks 201 Spear Street San Francisco
Get the book: Everyone should buy the MCTS Exam 70-640 book. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/book.aspx?id=11754&locale=en-us
The previously announced survey is now closed, thank you for participating. If you did not receive a welcome email from Jeremy, you are not signed up! Please email him ASAP to sign up: Jeremy
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact Jeremy at: Jeremy